Sunday, June 21, 2009

Aloha.


With great reluctance and wonderful memories we left the islands of Hawaii on Tuesday after spending 11 glorious days in O'ahu and the big island. Jim's mom generously took her whole family (13 of us total) back to Hawaii for one of the best vacations of our lives (and we've had some good ones--the Arizona mountain trip comes to mind quickly as one of the other best vacations of all times). Feeling a bit jet lagged, resentful of this midwest humidity that we did not miss, and very, very spoiled we slowly are entering back to our real life. I have to go wake up my husband from his nap.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok,
I just returned to Blogdom this week - I have no excuses. I just stopped wanting another chore, even the creative kind, before I snuggled up to my sweet man and gave up the productive part of my day. I lasted what, 10 days? I mean... I could have done worse.
Anyway, I was writing to say that you did a lovely job and I just got to catch up on all you thoughtful postings. I related best to the scout meeting entry, felt the truth of your goodbye to 35 post, and LOVED E's lemonade post.
Let's face it, you would still get an A, and I would still say, "maybe I'll finish that when I'm older, or more reliable". It will have taken me just shy of 20 years for college (if you add the 11 years I didn't go) - most people complete in 4. So of course it should take me 12 months to complete the 30 day challenge. It's just my pace.