E-man goes camo for his birthday party, and my little gentleman insisted on wearing a tie for school pictures. My hair (with some professional help) did not insist on being curly.
Monday, August 18, 2008
A Gentle Nudge
Like the promise of a good book, the temptation of this trend was too magnetic to resist. Ever since I made the connection that a blog is like a living, breathing scrapbook I can't get out of my mind the appeal of creating something that is dynamic and accessible and current and NOT sitting on a shelf. I say this as I prepare for a weekend of preserving memories, designing pages, and presenting our family's stories. They will still have their place, I think, these scrapbooks of ours. But in the meantime, let this be for now.

E-man goes camo for his birthday party, and my little gentleman insisted on wearing a tie for school pictures. My hair (with some professional help) did not insist on being curly.
E-man goes camo for his birthday party, and my little gentleman insisted on wearing a tie for school pictures. My hair (with some professional help) did not insist on being curly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
So...it's great! Is it not? How is it that you post once, and I already have to ask you how to do a couple of things? You needed a nudge, I need the blogging for dummies guide, typical? Not sure. But I am wondering, are you guys referencing some kind of people farm? I would have to assume then that you and Jim are the farmers, and the boys are the animals - or, is it the other way around???
We're blogging. We're such bloggers. Blog, blog, blog. Sigh.
I just thought it was refrencing their actual barn door in their livning room???
Not to deny the occasional feeling that we have wild animals running through our house (insert boys' names here!), but the barn door does in fact refer to what sits above our fireplace. We figured this vantage point sees the heart of our home...the kitchen table, the couch, the backyard...the places where we are together as a family.
Post a Comment