Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4: Mundane Monday



I came to a few realizations today.

1. I actually like my mundane Mondays. I just looked up "mundane" in the dictionary to make sure there wasn't some negative connotation that goes with it. Here's what Webster says, "characterized by the practical, transitory, and ordinary." I embrace the practical, and I don't mind ordinary. There is safety there. Just to be sure, I also had to look up transitory, which sadly means temporary. There are parts of my mundane Mondays that will one day be gone, and I WON'T like that. Like meeting my kids at the bus stop and having my oldest hurl himself at me in a bear hug. Still happy to see me. Still willing to throw himself into my arms at the end of a school day. If that's my ordinary, I'll take it and hold onto it. And I won't be the first to let go.

2. The second thing I realized today is that I blog much easier than I journal. Or in other words, I am much more satisfied typing my thoughts on this blog (and usually happier with the results) than writing down in the daily journal I'm keeping for the month of May. Handwriting neatness aside, the backspace key comes in quite handy. And here I don't feel like I'm just recounting the day. Here I feel soft opinions form and take stand. Hmmm. Off to journal...perhaps that will become code for "copy down what I just typed with my cute new pens."

No comments: